Wycombe Wanderers 0 Rotherham United 0

Last updated : 24 February 2009 By Footymad Previewer
Peter Taylor's high-fliers failed to draw level with leaders Brentford after being held to a frustrating goalless draw.

And with just one point in front of their home supporters, the Chairboys are still two points behind their fellow title contenders, although they do still have a game in hand.

Rotherham now have 30 points, having started the season with minus 17. If the Millers had started with a neutral balance then they would be as high as 11th in the table.

Mark Robins' side gave as good as they got on their travels, but both sides lacked a killer instinct in front of goal.

As early as the second minute Jamie Clarke tried his luck with a powerful left-foot drive, but Wycombe keeper Jamie Young saved well.

Matt Bloomfield had a good chance from close range in the 12th minute but miscued his left-foot shot and the danger was averted.

Matt Harold then saw his header punched cleared by visiting keeper Andy Warrington, before Mark Hudson fired over the bar with a rasping right-foot drive in the 37th minute.

Bloomfield lost his marker and let rip with a 20-yard effort as half-time approached, but his shot flew wide of the right-hand post.

Wycombe kept pressing and Matt Phillips had a good chance three minutes before the break, but he missed the target with a right-foot shot.

Phillips had another decent opportunity to break the deadlock moments later, although his shot again flew wide of the target.

Jon-Paul Pittman wasted a chance early in the second half as Wycombe started brightly, before Phillips had a shot cleared.

Young saved well from Hudson in the 55th minute, as Rotherham looked for an upset and Drewe Broughton forced a brilliant close-range block from the keeper just ten minutes later.

But despite further chances in the closing stages, neither side could fine a way through.

Wycombe were left frustrated and Rotherham most probably happy with a well-earned point.