Rotherham 3-0 Bristol City- Match Report

Jonson Clarke-Harris at the double as Millers win againTwo first-half goals from Jonson Clarke-Harris helped Rotherham to a crucial 3-0 Sky Bet Championship win over fellow strugglers Bristol City.Clarke-Harris scored a curling effort and a penalty in the first half before captain Lee Frecklington struck in the final 15 minutes to ensure Rotherham made it back-to-back league wins under Neil Redfearn.The away team dominated the opening stages with Aden Flint and Jonathan Kodjia both having efforts on goal.Elliott Bennett also tried his luck after latching onto a short corner but his low shot was fired into the side netting.Rotherham's opener after 10 minutes came against the run of play and out of nothing with Clarke-Harris spotting his opportunity from the edge of the box and executing a perfect curling effort into the far corner with his left foot.Bennett, this time down the right flank, tried to respond for City but he again hit the side netting.Rotherham were still looking open at the back and needed Lee Camp to make a smart save to deny Kieran Agard after he had got through one-on-one.Clarke-Harris tried to double the lead with an audacious effort with the outside of his boot from a tight angle

City keeper Frankie Fielding did enough to tip the ball away from goal.On 27 minutes it was two when Clarke-Harris confidently smashed in from the penalty spot after Kodjia had brought down Kirk Broadfoot in the box.The goals both came as sucker-punches to Bristol City who had been dominating possession.Agard, against his former side, then glanced a header just wide of the post from Luke Freeman's cross.Clarke-Harris almost had a first half hat-trick after he played in Frecklington down the right and then met his cross on the volley but Fielding clawed it out.The frustration was becoming all the more evident for City who had three players booked before the break.The first effort of the second half came from Flint but he skewed a header from Luke Ayling's cross well wide.It was the closest City were going to come to getting within touching distance of the hosts.Grant Ward had put in an impressive display and twice attempted to extend Rotherham's lead from counter-attacks but his strikes went wide and were blocked.Aaron Wilbraham and Simon Cox were both brought on by City in a bid to get back into the game but neither striker was presented with a chance.The game's decisive goal came at the other end on 75 minutes

Danny Ward made it by sliding the ball across the box for Frecklington to turn in from close-range

Source : PA

Source: PA