Rotherham 0-0 Nottm Forest- Match Report

Rotherham's unbeaten run stretches to nine after draw with Nottingham ForestRotherham and Nottingham Forest edged closer to Sky Bet Championship safety following a 0-0 draw at New York Stadium.The teams, at either end of the form table but on the same points, both had chances to win the game but it ended with a point for each and left Rotherham unbeaten in nine and stopped Forest's losing streak of four games.Rotherham had the first effort on goal and should have taken the lead but Richard Wood headed over from close range from a perfect Greg Halford delivery.The same partnership combined moments later but this time Wood could not get a telling touch from Halford's in-swinger.Joe Mattock then tried his luck from distance and Forest goalkeeper Dorus de Vries had to tip his effort over the bar.Matt Derbyshire was then just inches away from turning Grant Ward's cross-cum-shot in.The visitors threatened with Ryan Mendes and Dexter Blackstock completing a neat one-two before Mendes curled wide from the edge of the box.Mendes continued to look lively and after skipping by Mattock down the right almost picked out the onrushing Blackstock in the six-yard box.Robert Tesche went close with a long-distance effort for the improving Forest before Mendes bent an effort wide of the top corner.Rotherham keeper Lee Camp was then called into action for the first time as he denied Blackstock at the near post and it took a well-timed tackled from Stephen Kelly to deny Ben Osborn a chance to turn in the rebound.The home side started the second period the brighter but Forest had the first effort with Mendes denied at the near post by Camp after linking up with Osborn.Rotherham were let off moments later when Henri Lansbury was clean through on goal but slipped at the crucial moment and allowed Camp to gather.Derbyshire, against his former side, then almost scored a wonderful opener but his long distance volley dipped just over de Vries' crossbar.Forest appealed for a penalty when Kelly held off Lansbury when the Forest skipper was trying to get on the end of Mendes' cutback.The home side were just inches from going ahead after the hour-mark when Wood's header rattled the crossbar from Richie Smallwood's cross and Kirk Broadfoot could not divert the follow up across the line.Millers midfielder Lee Frecklington was the next man to try and get his name on the scoresheet but his shot was diverted away for a corner by Matt Mills.Wood had another effort on goal from close range but he headed into the ground from close range and the ball bounced just over the bar.Frecklington and Mendes came closest to winning it in the closing stages

Frecklington's powerful effort drifted wide and then Camp clawed out Mendes' shot from the edge of the box

Source : PA

Source: PA