Millers 1-1 Hereford United

Last updated : 10 October 2009 By Deano
The Bulls scored a last minute goal through substitute Gavin McCallum to cancel out Adam Le Fondre's early opener as leaders Bournemouth lost at home to Chesterfield, leaving the Millers a point adrift and down in third place.

As Dagenham climbed into second with a win over Darlington, it had started very brightly for the Millers who got about their opponents from the off.

On four minutes the Millers forced the first of many corners as Nick Fenton's shot was blocked but Ian Sharps saw his effort saved by keeper Adam Bartlett.

Following continuous pressure the deadlock was broken on 11 minutes as Le Fondre turned in Kevin Ellison's left wing cross following good work on the flank.

The Millers continued to press and looked more than comfortable.

Hereford's first effort on goal came on 28 minutes as Craig King's header flashed over from Ryan Green's free kick.

Minutes later Fenton alomst doubled the lead but saw his touch to Ellison's deflected free kick cannon onto the bar.

After the break the injured Fenton limped off as Marc Joseph replaced him and the visitors started to gain confidence, but without too many clear cut opportunies being created.

The first of those came on 55 minutes but Andy Warrington comfortably dealt with Mathieu Manset's effort as the lively Le Fondre was blocked by Ryan Valentine's last ditch tackle at the other end moments earlier.

As the crowd became increasingly frustrated and the home side dropped deaper after carving out several chances to increase the lead, the alarm bells were ringing.

Le Fondre headed over a Pablo Mills cross on the break and the latter's strong run into the box led to a ball rolling across goal at the far post which just needed a finishing touch.

And in the final minute, Kenny Lunt teed up McCallum who smashed home left footed past Warrington after a mellee in the box to snatch a draw.

Welcome to MillersMad
Here's our LATEST Messageboard topics
The Soccerlinks Hit List