Burton Albion 0 Millers 1

Last updated : 01 March 2010 By Duke

The Millers gave a start to midfielder Josh Walker signed on an initial months loan from Middlesbrough, other than Cummins making way for Walker it was an unchanged side from the Millers last game against Shrewsbury.

Backed by a good following, the Millers got off to a good start, when after five minutes Adam Le Fondre curled a shot just wide of the post.
After the quarter hour the Brewers started to get the upper-hand, Harrad after some neat play had a shot saved on 20 minutes by Warrington.

On the left Burtons Taylor was seeing plenty of the ball, and causing some problems for the Millers.

After 32 minutes referee Keith Stroud took supporters back in time, when he awarded an indirect free kick to the Brewers in the Millers penalty area.
From the resulting free kick the Millers wall stood up to Harrad's shot, with the rebound being hit over the bar by Boertien.
Adam Le Fondre broke clear, on the 42 minute mark, and only a great tackle from Boertien stopping the Millers top scorer from opening his account.

The second-half saw the Millers coming out with more purpose, and on 52 minutes it was rewarded with Le Fondre following a long ball into the Burton defence, and bundling the ball home to put the Millers into the lead.

Krysiak in the Burton goal made an amazing save on 62 minutes, when a Le Fondre effort was tipped wide of the goal.

The Millers were now in full flow and playing some scintillating stuff, with Le Fondre going close yet again, with his header looping onto the post, then running across the goal-line with no one there to convert the chance.

Millers defender Nick Fenton got in on the act with a powerful header from a corner saved by Krysiak, who's diplsay was now the only thing stopping the Millers bagging a hat full, with him denying Le Fondre again on 72 minutes.

Marshall on for Tom Pope, latched onto a through ball on 78 minutes, resulting in a colision with Krysiak,with the goalkeeper protesting his innocence, the ball went to Law who crossed for Le Fondre to again go close, seeing his shot hit the side-netting.

Kevin Ellison had the chance to wrap things up in injury time, as Walker set him on his way with a through ball, Krysiak came to the Brewers rescue again with a fine save.

Welcome to MillersMad
Here's our LATEST Messageboard topics
The Soccerlinks Hit List