With the Millers linked with, but not actually making, any new signings this past week it appears fans are just using the tabloids (or indeed some of our messageboard threads!) as yesterday's fish and chip paper.
The hard fact is Kevin Ellison remains the only major signing in pre-season so far, despite links with forwards Liam Hatch, Tom Pope, Ryan Lowe, Billy Clarke and a host of midfield men including released Notts County man Richard Butcher who today re-signed for Lincoln City. Clarke has other cards on the table with Championship clubs showing interest, and a formal contract offer from County, who are making early inroads into the market after already capturing Barnet captain Neal Bishop, fellow midfielder Ricky Ravenhill and striker Craig Westcarr.
Millers boss Mark Robins has stated he is happy with his squad though and will bide his time to make the crucial additions. Meanwhile Jamie Green and Mark Hudson are still talking to the management team over new deals, with HUdson seemingly stalling to sign according to rumours in the local press.
Play off losers Shrewsbury were dealt a blow this week as striker Grant Holt found out he needs surgery on an injured ankle that could put his fitness in doubt ahead of the new campaign. Boss Paul Simpson also released seven players including striker Nick Chadwick, whilst several other managers started re-building preparations.
New Darlington boss Colin Todd described his role as 'a great challenge' with just seven first teamers currently in contract following the clubs administration. Meanwhile Aldershot supporters trust have raised just over 40 grand, paid into a special fund for boss Gary Waddock to use in the loan market following a reduction in his player budget. Nice!
* Chesterfield are still hunt for a new manager, as Derek Niven and Danny Hall sign new contracts.
* Dagenham 'keeper Tony Roberts has signed a new one year deal at the age of 39.
* Rory Carson, Luke Dean and Lewis Horne all sign their first pro contracts at Bradford City.* Experienced trio Paul Morgan, Steve Haslam and striker Glynn Hurst are all released by Alan Knill at Bury.
* 26 year-old Grimsby defender Jamie Clarke signs a one year extension as the club also snap up ex-Millers loan duo Barry Conlon and Joe Widdowson on a permanent basis.
* Striker Lee McEvilly left Rochdale this week as Macclesfield signed FC United of Manchester forward Kyle Wilson, who netted 24 times last season, on a one year deal.