If it warms up then snow will be cleared from the pitch to try and get the game on and insulated covers will be put in place overnight.
With last weekend's game at Gillingham cancelled the club are keen to get the match on with a tricky trip to Torquay looming on the 18th. The Shots are planning to travel North on Friday afternoon with Rotherham expecting to make an early decision one way or another.
Even if the pitch is playable however, surrounding streets and roads need to be passed as safe to the public by South Yorkshire police.
The Millers suffered with a dip in form over Christmas last season after having over a month without a fixture due to similar weather.